How We Collect and Receive Personal Data from You
- Registration. British Basics /Wholesale collects your personal data through the registration form that you complete and send to British Basics /Wholesale electronically through the British Basics /Wholesale website (the “Website”) in order to become a British Basics /Wholesale Customer
- Logged in as a British Basics /Wholesale Customer. If you are logged in on the Website as a British Basics /Wholesale Customer we collect personal data that you provide to us while using the Website, and when you order products.
- Contacting Us. You may also choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels, for example, British Basics /Wholesale e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
The Types of Personal Data We Process
- We process the following types of personal data relating to you:
- Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
- Gender, age, nationality, date and place of birth;
- Marital Status
- Username and password;
- Additional information British Basics /Wholesale may ask Customers to submit to authenticate themselves (e.g. British Basics /Wholesale may ask Users to send copies of ID, or passport to verify their identity and personal details): Additional information may be collected as per applicable policies.
- Payment information (e.g., such bank account or credit card numbers);
- Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour; and
- Communication preferences.
We may process other personal data in exceptional circumstances only. If we need to process other types of personal data about you, we will make sure that you are informed about the processing of your personal data and that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your consent).
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We only process your personal data to the extent it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our business; preventing and protecting us and others against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and ensuring compliance with company policies and industry standards. British Basics /Wholesale processing business Customers personal data for internal administrative purposes is typically also considered a legitimate interest. As required under law, we have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your data protection rights.
In particular, we process personal data we obtain about you to:
- Manage your registration as a Wholesale Customer.
- Create and manage your online account and respond to your enquiries;
- Process your orders of products or services;
- Communicate with you (e.g., about products or services that we offer, or intend to offer);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our services
- Evaluating your satisfaction with our current communications, materials, products and/or services;
- Tracking and analysing your use of products, materials and/or services; and
- Developing new products and services.
- Assessing your performance under your Agreement with us;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
- Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Personal Data
- British Basics /Wholesale does not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
- British Basics /Wholesale entities to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for British Basics /Wholesale to disclose personal data;
- Providers of Infrastructure- or Platform- or Software-as-a-Service solutions, software development services, information system maintenance services, record management services or marketing services within, or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”); and
- Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, legal interests, property or safety of others or ourselves.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data we process against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
British Basics /Wholesale and Customers do not tolerate spam. Customers shall make sure to set their user settings so British Basics /Wholesale communicate to them as they prefer. British Basics /Wholesale automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but British Basics /Wholesale do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. British Basics /Wholesale do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Wholesale Customers’ password is the key to their account. Customers shall use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose their British Basics /Wholesale password to anyone. If Customers do share their password or their Personal Data with others, they shall remember that they are responsible for all actions taken in the name of their account. If Customers lose control of their password, they may lose substantial control over their Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on their behalf. Therefore, if Customers’ password has been compromised for any reason, they should immediately notify British Basics /Wholesale and change their password. British Basics /Wholesale will never ask for Customers’ password except during the login process. British Basics /Wholesale employees are subject to additional requirements in the area of information protection.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Customers’ Personal Data
Customers can see, review and change most of their Personal Data by signing on to Systems. Generally, British Basics /Wholesale will not manually modify Customers’ Personal Data because verifying their identity remotely may prove difficult. Thus, it is Customers’ responsibility to update promptly their Personal Data if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon Customers’ request to British Basics /Wholesale Customer Services, British Basics /Wholesale will close Customers’ account as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law. British Basics /Wholesale do retain Personal Data from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Customers’ Personal Data is stored on British Basics /Wholesale servers. British Basics /Wholesale treat Personal Data as a valuable asset and preserve it with various methods (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect Customers’ Personal Data against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications between Customers and Systems. Therefore, although British Basics /Wholesale deploy significant effort to protect Customers’ privacy, British Basics /Wholesale do not promise that Personal Data or private communications will always remain private.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under “How We Use the Personal Data We Collect”), except if required otherwise by law. Please contact us using our contact details provided below, if you have any questions with respect to our data retention practices.
We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our sites and apps. This means that when you visit our website or use one of our mobile applications your browser automatically sends certain information to Google. This includes, for example, the web address of the page that you’re visiting and your IP address. You will find the details of how the Google technology collects and processes data following this link https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Your rights under applicable law may include access to the personal data we process about you, the right to have such personal data corrected or erased, the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has happened based on your consent prior to the withdrawal. To exercise these rights, you should make a written request using our contact details set out below. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You have also have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data which is based on British Basics /Wholesale’s legitimate interests. Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing, including for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes. Please contact us via the information given below if you wish to do so.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or enquiries about this Website Privacy/Cookie Notice, if you would like to update information we have about you, or to exercise your rights, you may contact our Data Protection team by email email@example.com or letter to Data Protection, British Basics /Wholesale, Bodelwyddan Business Park, Abergele Road, Bodelwyddan Denbighshire – LL185X.